Tuesday 15 July 2014

Mullah Naseeruddin Takes It Easy


Mullah sat on a rocky coast with his lover.

The tide was coming in and loud waves crashed into jagged rocks. It made the faint-hearted recede but he held his ground. The lady was not too impressed though.

‘The ocean reminds me of you Mullah’, she said wistfully.

Swelling with pride he half-inquired, ‘Is it because it is wild, untamed and virile like me?’

‘Err, excuse me? The two of you make me sick’, she retorted.

**

‘Whether the skies are pouring hell-fire or the ground is turning to quick-sand; even if there is a nuclear fall-out, I will come to see you, to be with you. Nothing could stop me’, Mullah told the exquisite young woman he was courting.

Positively aroused, biting her pallu, she asked if he would take her to the movies the following evening.

‘Oh.. I would love to’, Mullah replied as he blew her a kiss, ‘if it is not raining!!’

**

Emperor Taimur Lang summoned Mullah to his court. He had heard many accounts of the fakir’s wisdom, mystical powers and enigmatic style. Strangely, he felt a bit pissed about him.

As Mullah walked in, Taimur pulled out his sword and rested it on his shoulder.

TL: Too many stories of your tomfoolery going around Mullah. Let the truth be told about you possessing mystical powers. And if not, yer head shan't rest on yer shoulders anymore for ye should have denied it by now. (speaking like the Scots for no reason. Weird.?!?)

MN: I most certainly do Sir. I’ve attained many sought-after siddhis (special powers) through ritual worship and diligent practice.

TL (playfully poking Mullah’s throat with his sword): Splendid! Tell me stories of the other-world Mullah. What have you known? And bear in mind your fate if they be any dull.

MN: My Emperor, as I look up at the skies, I can see all the way to the seventh Heaven; the verdant hill-gardens, rivers of musk-scented wines, fruits and delicate meats and of course, the glorious Hoors with generous bottoms.

And when I look under my feet, I see way down to the lowest Hell. The shrill cries and scalding bodies emanating from frying pots, the bleeding faces, fruit of the bitter, thorn-plant of Dhari and only boiling water for the thirsty.

TL (swallowing the lump in his throat, sheathing his sword, utterly awed): How have you developed such faculties Mullah? What is your secret?

MN: No secret. Only fear, my Lord. I saw nothing, neither jannat not jahannum. But your sword perched so close to my jugular provokes hallucination. Who wants any trouble?


**

No comments:

Post a Comment